Tuesday Kids Book Review: When the Wind Stops by Charlotte Zolotow

When the Wind Stops




Written by Charlotte Zolotow

Illustrated by Stephano Vitale
 
 

In this book a child asks a simple question at bedtime that is answered poetically through the rest of the story.

I love this book. The illustrations are flowing and beautiful. The answers to the child’s questions are sensible yet elegantly crafted.

I love this book.

I love this book because it answers the kinds of questions that my kid asks me that are the hardest to answer…

“Where does the wind go when it stops?”

“Why does the day have to end?”
 
“Where does the sun go when the day ends?”

…and in my opinion it answers them well. Did I mention I love this book? It’s the best kid’s book I’ve found in a while.

Comments

Popular Posts