The Liebster award is for new bloggers, hooray! I did a little bit of research about this award and found that the word Liebster is a German word with many meanings: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, and even sweetheart or boyfriend. The award has a few different incarnations, each with its own set of rules. The rules that we're playing by go like this:
In order to accept the award after nomination you must:
1. Thank the blogger who presented you with the Liebster Award and provide a link back to his or her blog.
2. Answer the questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Award to several other bloggers who have blogs with 1000 followers or less whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been nominated or email them.
4. Upload the Liebster Award image to your blog.
So here are my answers to the questions from 2CrochetHooks:
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I started this blog back when I was living a ways outside of town as a way to keep in touch with all of my distant friends and family. Then I got sucked into the world of mommy blogging and saw all of the cool tutorials and ideas circulating in the blogosphere and wanted to join in.
2. What is your favorite topic to blog on?
Right now my favorite thing to write about is homeschooling.
3. What is the topic you would like to blog on but don’t?
I don't really limit myself too much on what I choose to blog about these days, but I don't blog about cooking even though I like it. There are just so many great cooking blogs out there already.
4. Which is your favorite crafting media? Why?
Needle felting is probably my favorite. Even though I don't do all that much of it, it's amazing the different shapes that appear by stabbing a wad of wool with a needle.
5. What is your favorite dish to eat ever?
Scallops with sweet potatoes and brown butter. I guess that's kind of three things so if I had to pick one it would just be the brown butter.
6. If you won a million bucks, what would you do with it?
Buy a farm and equipment and start raising sheep again.
7. If you were to be a secret stalker, who would you stalk?
My toddler. I wish I had more time to just chill out and watch what he does, it's so entertaining and totally gets me blissed out on mama hormones.
8. Your best way to relax?
A bath with Epsom salts and essential oils. For about 5 minutes until both my kids try to jump in.
9. What brings a smile to your face?
My little ones.
10. If you were an animal, which would you be and why?
If I were an animal I would probably be a cat. They get to sleep all day and love to eat butter, like me.
11. What is your favorite hobby?
And now, 11 random facts:
1. My feet are small enough for me to shoe shop in the children's department.
2. I have a blue toothbrush.
3. I've been a composter for a decade.
4. I love hanging out by rivers.
5. Brussels sprouts are my favorite vegetable.
6. I think purple and orange look excellent together. I also enjoy other unpopular color combinations like purple and green.
7. I'm somewhat color blind.
8. I've never left the Americas.
9. I feel the best when I get about 10 hours of sleep a night.
10. I don't get that much sleep.
11. I'm a recovering caffeine addict.
And I am nominating...
Questions for Leibster Participants accepting my nomination:
1. How did you choose your blog topic?
2. How much time do you devote to blogging each week?
3. What is the main reason why you started blogging?
4. What makes your blog unique?
5. Do you consider yourself crafty? If so, what is your favorite kind of project to work on?
6. What were/are your favorite things about childhood?
7. What is your favorite food to make?
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
9. Do you do any writing besides blogging?
10. What's your favorite thing to wear?
11. What is the most important thing you do each day?