It turns out I'm really big on them.
Here is a simple spring-themed garland that I made during my aforementioned crafting binge last week.
If you want to make your own, you'll need:
- 5 sheets of cardstock in your desired colors
- Hole punch
- Exacto knife
- Yarn, string, or ribbon to hang it up
- scrap paper for drawing your image stencils
It's so easy to make, that I didn't even do pictures in the process. Here's how I did it:
1. Cut out five rectangles from cardstock colors of your choice.
2. Make stencils of the images you want to use by drawing (or printing out) the images then cutting them out. Choose three different images.
3. Trace your cutouts onto the center of your cardstock. Cut out using an exacto blade.
4. Draw and cut scalloping at the bottom of one rectangle. Use this as a stencil for the bottoms of the other rectangles. Trace and cut for the remaining four rectangles.
5. Using a hole punch punch a hole in the center of each scallop and two holes on the top for stringing and hanging.
6. String and hang.
Are you going to do this project? Take some pics and link to it in the comments below.
For more handmade goodness, follow me.