Pinned It & Did It- Bookmarks

I've discussed my pinterest obsession before, I believe.

I'm addicted.

The more I pin, the more I want to pin. The boards keep growing and metastasizing into other boards. You see, it's kind of a love/hate feeling that I get when I pin. Pinterest is a source of endless ideas for brilliant projects, but as I pin, I feel like I'm creating an endless to-do list that will never be accomplished, since it grows faster than I do the things on it. Actually, I'm creating multiple to do lists that grow faster than the things can be done.

So I've started a new board, one of projects I pinned, then did. I'm the kind of person who loves to check off a box on a to-do list. I'll even write down something I've done that wasn't  originally on the to-do list just to check it off. So I imagine this board will prove to be immensely satisfying and bring a little balance to the buried in creative ideas feeling that I get.

In addition to my selfish interests, I'm also starting this as a kind of pin reviewer project. When I get an idea, I have a hard time imagining how hard it will be to do and how long it will take to do it. I imagine that I'm not the only one that has this problem. I think it's common among the chronically inspired crafty-types.

Just like when you read a good recipe, it tells you what you need, how to do it and how long it will take. So these posts will also include that information, though less heavy on the to-do because the links to the pins will be posted for that purpose. And for the budget-conscious, cost information will be there too, on a scale of $-$$$$.

So without any further introduction: let's begin. 



This time, just to be an overachiever and get double check marks, I've done two different bookmark projects: pom-pom bookmarks, and felt heart bookmarks.


Heart bookmarks:

http://dulcesobremesa.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-03-21T10%3A15%3A00%2B01%3A00&max-results=50


I can never find a bookmark, so I couldn't possibly have too many. And these are cute and easy. I made mine a little lopsided to give them some character. I originally made three, but by the time I got around to taking the pics, my kiddos had found other uses for them.



Materials- craft felt, scissors, sewing needle, thread
Time- 20 minutes each, depending on how quickly you stitch
Cost- $


Pom-pom Bookmarks: 

http://www.designmom.com/2012/10/the-perfect-gift-yarn-ball-bookmark/


These ones are even more popular with the kiddos. I like that they're so easy to see. They're almost like little beacons on the book you're reading that make them easier to find.



The original pin uses a single strand of yarn for the tail. I felt like I wanted something more substantial, so I braided three strands of yarn together, just like you would braid hair.



Materials- yarn, scissors
Time-10 minutes each
Cost- $


Have you done any of your pinned projects? Feel free to link below!

Do you have any other cute bookmark ideas? I'd love to see those too.

Follow on Bloglovin

If you enjoyed this post, PLEASE click here to vote for me on top mommy blogs. I appreciate your support!

Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs


Comments

  1. These are so cute!! I love bookmarks and am always looking for ways to make them myself, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts