Journal Day #2

It's Thursday so that means another journal day. Here's the prompt from Sometimes Sweet.

Sometimes it can be hard to hear criticism from others. I know for me it's something I may always struggle with- being a people pleaser, etc. At the same time though, constructive criticism can be very helpful, and allow us to look at ourselves in a new light and maybe even grow and change. Take a step out of yourself. If you were on the outside looking in, how would you critique yourself? What things do you see that could change or work on? This isn't about tearing ourselves down; it's about really looking at ourselves and seeing where there's room for growth.


I'm breathing a sigh of relief right now because self-criticism is far easier for me than self-praise.


The biggest struggle these days is that my hands are always full and I have a hard time slowing down and relaxing. I find myself in a state of overstimulation resulting from all the ideas and impulses to create flooding my being.




A college friend of mine had a magnet that said, "Life is getting better and better every day. I am SO grateful." I'm thinking some version of that phrase in this photo, except it's more like "Life is getting fuller and fuller every day, I can't wait to do more! I'm so grateful!"

I would also do well to ask for more help when I need it. I tend to be very independent and sometimes I take DIY to a whole new level and miss opportunities to collaborate with friends and family members in ways that would probably be beneficial for all of us.


Ironically enough, I would probably also benefit from less self-criticism. There's always something I feel like I'm not putting enough effort into and I fault myself for it. Then I feel bad and make promises to do better tomorrow. In the (rare) instance where I do actually feel like I'm on top of everything, I find ways to add more expectations. I seem to thrive on (a certain amount of) stress.

With that said, in the interest of personal growth, I think I'll stop the "needs improvement" list here.


Follow on Bloglovin

If you enjoyed this post, PLEASE click here to vote for me on top mommy blogs. I appreciate your support!

Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

Comments

Popular Posts