Latest Thrifting Finds

We take thrift-store shopping seriously around here. There's no such thing as a quick look around a thrift store. I'm not able to leave until I've touched everything in the store. Thrifting = the best kind of treasure hunt.

During my most recent exploits, I assembled this mismatched tea set with a tea pot, two small mugs for the kiddos, and a big mug for me.


Please do not notice how my mug is roughly the size of the tea pot itself, I swear, I would never drink that much tea.

And there's the honey jar. This is quite possibly my favorite find of the year.


 I also found this vintage kids book.



It's a curious window into the past, with some excellent illustrations.



I think I'm going to frame some in this photo collage frame. It might need a makeover first. But I'm contemplating keeping the ugly wood for a more authentic 70's touch.


How about this canning wax? I'll have to make some candles soon.


 And finally, to go along with my crush on the Victorian era, I found these books of dress pattern catalog reprints.


 They also are a smorgasbord of excellent images.



Including lots of old-timey ads. 

Treasure hunt, successful.


Have you thrifted anything amazing lately? I'd love to hear about it. 



Follow on Bloglovin

If you enjoyed this post, PLEASE click here to vote for me on top mommy blogs. I appreciate your support!

Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

Comments

  1. so many great finds all so interesting love that honey pot but the book is where my heart is love finding old books
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts