Another Week in Review

So here we are again. It's been another week and the tiny legwarmers are still in progress... My biggest achievement this week (well aside from processing through some serious emotional issues that came up mid-week in three day crisis style, which have been effectively purged leading to a major release of about three years of built up tensions in the midback and shoulders and an enormously enhanced sense of wellbeing anyway ;) ) was FINALLY geetting a truckload of stuff out of the house and off to the goodwill. I was really hoping to have those legwarmers finished to show off by the end of the week. Maybe next week...
So most of the good action that I have to show off for this week (since I didn't take any pictures of the goodwill trip, tee hee hee) is our little Easter celebration.
Here's the Basket, it has some colored eggs, a handmade easter rabbit that I made from a pattern out of the book Creative Play For Your Toddler, and some homemade ribbon dancers that were also inspired by the book but I used my own made up pattern since theirs used ribbons tied to wooden rings and I didn't have any of those. What I used instead as a wooden dowel (actually a wooden arrow shaft of which my dear husband has MANY lying around) cut into three pieces to make the three different ribbon dancers. One of them has two colors (yellow and blue) and the others are just single color. The ribbons are glued onto the sticks then secured with rubber bands to dry. After mine were dried I took the bands off and it held ok but I decided they were probably a critical part of the structural integrity of the project since a two-and-a-half-year-old would be playing with them.
But back to the bunny...I LOVE that pattern because its soooo easy. It's just made from a knitted square and two knitted ears, which is much more simple than how I have made crocheted animals before. Then the eyes and nose are embroidered with a standard pom-pom tail.
And our easter egg hunt.

Comments

Popular Posts