Learning Seasonal Rhythms

One of the main emphases in our homeschooling style, and our lifestyle in general, is embracing seasonality. Seasonality synchs us with natural cycles and the rhythm of natural time.

 
So we use these calendars to track the movement of the moon and the earth around the sun.

 

Our little wheel of the year and lunar calendars to talk about time when we have our morning circle. The Sun and the Moon are attached with polymer adhesive to the wall and moved around the calendar as needed.


Eventually we will introduce a “regular” monthly calendar to our homeschool area. He does have some familiarity with these from seeing me use my planner. But I like these calendars as a more organic approach to tracking natural earth-rhythms of time.
 
Enjoying Handmade Life? Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs.
 
Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs
 
Follow me on Blog Lovin.
 
 
Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

Popular Posts