Inspiring Spring Salads I: Chickweed, Pink Lady, and Parsley

I try not to blog too much about food. There are a lot of people out there doing it very well, so I mostly leave it to them. But I do like to blog about my projects, and this week one of the big projects I'm taking on is salads.

That's right: salads.

I hate making salads. I usually feel uninspired and the results are disappointing. So this week, I wanted to challenge myself to come up with some different combinations of greens using exciting ingredients.

Spring is the perfect time of year for crafting delicious raw green creations, since all the yummy tender wild greens are popping up all over the place.

So today's salad of the day is a chickweed salad with grated carrots and golden beets, parsley, and pink lady apple slices.


Chickweed grows as a garden weed (much like dandelion) and is one of the most mild-flavored wild greens I know of. That's what I've harvested out of my garden this year and the best thing is that I didn't even have to plant it. Three cheers for edible weeds.

Comments

Popular Posts